All your favorite bad book review tropes
(1) The When-in-Doubt-about-the-Book-Slam-the-Accompanying-Materials Gambit.
(2) The What-Happened-to-the-Fact-Checker? Assertion.
(3) The Philip-Roth-Is-Nathan-Zuckerman Fundamental Error.
(4) The Fact-Checker-with-Too-Much-Time-on-His-Hands Critique.
(5) The Backhanded Compliment or... The Right Review for the Wrong Reasons.
(6) The Boneheaded Comparison.
(7) The Ethnically Correct Review Assignment.
The only one that's really left out is The Love Letter to My Dear Friend. If you have to say "Full disclosure -- he's my brother-in-law," go find someone else to write the review. (via BookNinja