* Instead of approaching the attack on the World Trade Center through parable, like Mr. Roth, or analogy, like Mr. Rushdie, or phantasmagoria, like Mr. Pynchon, Mr. DeLillo confronts it head-on, with graphic realism.
The New York Sun reviews Falling Man
, DeLillo's 9/11 novel, which I think we'll be hearing a lot about. (via A&L Daily
* This very short article gestures towards the possible origin of symbolic language
in ape communication. (via Bookninja
an unanthologized story by Kurt Vonnegut, has found its way to Project Gutenberg. (Via MeFi
* The Kugelmass Episodes has an interesting post up about contemporary problems in radicalization
that will also help you catch up on all the big blog brouhaha surrounding Žižek and 300
* In space, nobody can hear you scream:
coping with sex and death on long space missions
. (Via Gravity Lens
* And just in case you've got work to do, Slither
should nicely fill your time.