* I know I promised never to link to another fake trailer, particularly a Brokeback
parody trailer, but I'm only human; I can't resist the siren song of The Empire Brokeback.
* And that, in the end, is the dismal fate of blogging: it renders the word even more evanescent than journalism; yoked, as bloggers are, to the unending cycle of news and the need to post four or five times a day, five days a week, 50 weeks of the year, blogging is the closest literary culture has come to instant obsolescence. No Modern Library edition of the great polemicists of the blogosphere to yellow on the shelf; nothing but a virtual tomb for a billion posts - a choric song of the word-weary bloggers, forlorn mariners forever posting on the slumberless seas of news.
(via A&L Daily
* L.A. City Beat interview
with Daniel Rees, creator of the extraordinary Web comic Get Your War On
* AskMetaFilter: Is it responsible to have a child when there is a high percentage of passing on a genetic disease?
* The Five Most Dangerous Children's Books Ever Written, According to Sean Hannity.
* And, just for Presidents Day, Wikipedia's list of fictional presidents
. (via Gravity Lens